Searching for the perfect vibrator can be frustrating. After all, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of vibrators to choose from. And, sometimes, the best vibrator isn’t a vibrator at all. Enter: The wand massager. Keep reading to see how the Luna Personal Massager compares to a traditional wand vibrator.
Size: 8.94 x 2.99 x 1.93 inches
Available colors: Purple, Black, Light Blue, Light Pink, Pink
Power source: Battery powered (batteries are included)
Weight: 7.05 oz.
The Luna Personal Massager comes with a black storage bag and USB charger. You can also find an easy-to-read instruction sheet inside the box.
Review: Luna Personal Wand Massager
Although the Luna Personal Massager is marketed and sold as a “massager” for back pain and tension, this article focuses on how well it performed as a personal wand massager. Below, I go into detail about what it’s made of, how it looks and feels (in your hand and elsewhere), its controls and features, and battery life.
Material and Dimensions
According to the product description, the Luna Personal Massager is made of medical-grade silicone; it feels super soft and smooth to the touch and it’s lightweight. The wand itself measures 8.98 x 2.91 x 1.85 inches. And, unlike other wands in this almost-too-good-to-be-true affordable price range, it doesn’t smell like it came straight from the factory.
As far as controls go, the Luna Personal Massager has plenty. This wand features eight intensities, 20 patterns, and a memory function that allows you to pick up from where you left off. There are three buttons on the side of the wand; the first controls the intensity level, the second button offers 20 different pattern options, and the third powers the wand on and off.
Battery Life and Charging
The Luna Personal Wand Massager is USB rechargeable and can last for up to 1.5 hours on a single charge. That’s like, a lot of orgasms. The charger is included with the wand.
This wand is made of silicone, so it’s easy to clean. You can use disinfectant wipes or clean the toy with non-oil-based soap and water. I used a warm, damp washcloth and soap. I then rinsed and dried it with a brand-new hand towel from the dryer.
*Note: it’s best to clean your toys before and after each use!*
How it Works
Another good thing about the Luna wand is that it’s simple to use. Just charge it, press the “on” button, and it’s ready to go. You can also use the Luna Personal Massager for penetrative pleasure, however, I think it’s best used for clitoral stimulation. That’s not to say it can’t be fun to use vaginally or anally (for shallow insertion)—it’s just not exactly the ideal shape for penetrative play. And, the neck could catch on your pubic bone.
If you do decide to use the Luna Massager for penetrative pleasure, I definitely recommend using a water-based lube—and a lot of it! With that being said, the vibrations do feel quite nice on the exterior surface and the surrounding tissue of the anus and can make for a pretty intense foreplay sesh with your partner.
*Note: silicone-based lube will deteriorate the surface of your silicone toys, this includes the Luna wand.*
Inspiration & Playful Ideas
Wand vibrators are super versatile. Here are a few examples of the things you can do with the Luna Personal Massager:
- Edging: Edging, also referred to as orgasm control, is when a person brings themself or their partner to the brink of orgasm and then eases the stimulation to keep them aroused without reaching climax. Edging can help extend your or your partner’s pleasure.
- Shower play: The Luna Massager is waterproof, so why not be a little adventurous with your next solo sesh and take it into the bathroom? Wand-style vibrators are perfect for tub and shower play.
- Explore your body: Wand-style vibrators are perfect for clitoral stimulation, but that doesn’t mean you should limit yourself! Try using your Luna wand on your nipples or along your inner thighs.
- Spice up your sex life: Vibrators are amazing little gadgets that can be used during solo and partnered play. You can use the Luna Massager before intercourse, during intercourse, and after intercourse. It’s a great way to get clitoral stimulation during missionary or doggy-style.
- Level up your oral sesh: Adding a vibrator into an oral sex sesh is something I definitely recommend. There’s nothing like giving head while feeling the deep, satisfying rumble of a vibrator against your clit or anus, especially if there’s lube involved. Then everything’s slick, wet, and ready for more.
- Pillow play: Who says you need a partner to do the reverse cowgirl? Just place your wand on your pillow (or some other sturdy surface where it’ll stay in place) and grind away.
The Luna Personal Massager is ideal for anyone who wants a no-frills orgasm. Several of my toys are Bluetooth compatible, have remote controls, or other technical features—but occasionally, I just want to get off, and quickly.
I’m a super busy person and finding “intimate” me time isn’t always possible. Between raising my two dogs, and working a full-time job while juggling my own business and freelance work, I barely have time to eat or sleep, let alone have an orgasm.
Enter: The Luna wand massager. This toy (come on, it is not a back massager), is super simple to use and its vibrating power isn’t too bad, either. It’s also waterproof, which I love because sometimes the only time I get alone (AKA away from my two beagle pups) is when I’m in the shower. And, as someone who often has issues with penetration and painful intercourse, I appreciate that the Luna wand was designed for clitoral stimulation.
- Several color options
- Perfect for clitoral stimulation
- USB rechargeable
- Charger is included
- Can be noisy
Where to Buy
You can purchase your own Luna Personal Massager online via Amazon ($29.95).